Gluten Free Pancakes
Made with Balance 100% Natural Whey Protein
Here's a super healthy & delicious Gluten Free pancake you can make for breakfast!
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Healtheries Ground Rice Flour
- 3 Tbsp Balance 100% Whey Natural – Unflavoured or Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Healtheries LSA Super Grains
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat milk
- 1 cup reduced fat plain greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- Optional strawberries, blueberries and kiwifruit to serve
*Always check all your ingredients are gluten free
Step 1: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Separate the eggs (reserving egg white for later use) and using another bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks with the milk and yoghurt.
Step 3: Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold the liquid ingredients through. Mix in the vanilla, lemon zest and ricotta.
Step 4: Just before cooking, beat or whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold through the batter.
Step 5: Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. Cook each side for about 1 minute until golden and the mixture is fully set through the centre.
Step 6: Transfer pancakes to the oven on 130 degrees C to keep warm. Repeat to cook all the mixture, adding a little more oil spray to the pan between batches.
Hope you enjoy!