Hot Chocolate Protein Shake Recipe
It's a winter treat in a protein shake...with hot chocolate! It's guaranteed to satisfy that sweet tooth during your winter workouts. The added heat to the milk gives you a warm feeling inside and the vanilla whey protein compliments this hot chocolate beverage. Chocolate and vanilla - they just go together!
- 12oz (1 1/2 cup) whole milk (substitute almond or coconut milk)
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1 scoop of Cellucor Whey Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw honey or other sweetener of your choice
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles start to form.
- While the milk heats, combine the egg, protein powder, cocoa, vanilla, and honey in a blender and blitz a few times to mix.
- Gently pour in the hot milk and puree again until very smooth and thick. Taste and adjust sweetener, if desired and serve immediately.
- Add a banana or Bell Plantation Peanut Butter as extra additions if you like.
Hope you enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition