These healthy cookies taste just like their namesake. Lots of sweet carrots coupled with the hearty oats and cinnamon makes them absolutely irresistible!
- 1 Cup (100g) Instant Oats (Gluten-Free if necessary)
- 3/4 Cup (90g) Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp (5g) Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp (3g) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp (1g) Salt
- 2 Tbsp (28g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp (5mL) Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup (120mL) Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup (68g) Grated Carrots
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Balance Natural Whey
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir in the maple syrup until thoroughly incorporated. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes (If chilling longer, cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the entire surface of the cookie dough).
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet (If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly).
- Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.