With over 10 g of protein per slice. This recipe using Balance 100% Whey Protein Lime Milkshake is sure to tickle the taste buds.
Makes: 12 slices
Time to Make: 30 minutes + 2 hours freeze time
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of dates, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of water
Top Layer Ingredients:
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 4 scoops (112 g) Balance 100% Whey Lime Milkshake Flavour
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- Desiccated coconut to sprinkle
- Mix the almonds and date pieces in a food processor until crumbly. Add the salt and water and mix so that it starts to stick together.
- Line a 20 x 20 cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper and press the date/nut mixture in firmly.
- To make the top layer, pour the coconut milk into a large bowl. Add the protein powder 1 scoop at a time, making sure you whisk well between each scoop to remove any lumps. Add the Lime zest and juice and whisk to mix.
- Pour the lime coconut topping over the base and put on a flat surface in the freezer for a couple of hours (or until set) before cutting.
- Keep in this slice in the freezer — it will melt if left out for too long.
Balance 100% Whey Lime-Coconut Slice
Servings Per Package: 12
- 958kJ (229Cal)
- Fat, Total
- — Saturated
- — Sugars
- Dietary Fibre