Check out these nutritious protein balls with a touch of Hot-Cross-Bunny-ness. If you want less sugar, just replace the dried fruit with nuts or low-sugar chocolate bits. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut, dessicated
- 2 serves Balance 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond)
- 1/2 tsp of each: cinnamon and mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp mixed dried fruit
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp tahini
For the crosses:
- 1/2 serve Balance 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla) mixed with a little liquid coconut oil (or you can use melted white chocolate)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and whizz until well combined. The mixture should easily stick together without being too wet.
- Shape into 14 balls and refrigerate for an hour.
- To make the crosses: In a small bowl place the protein powder and gradually add coconut oil, mixing to combine. Consistency should be pour- able but not too runny! Alternatively, melt some white chocolate in a bowl over pot of boiling water and use this to create the crosses.
- Remove balls from the fridge and with a teaspoon carefully pour crosses over each ball.
- Return balls to refrigerator so that the crosses can set.
- Store balls in an air tight container in the fridge.
685kJ (164 calories)