You might not know much about dates -- and maybe you've never even tried one -- but it's time to change that. Dates are sweet fruits, and while they're a bit sugar-heavy, they're also high in fibre, potassium, and magnesium.
This easy protein smoothie recipe from Balance features this tasty fruit along with chia seeds (a great general health food) and Balance Plant Protein.
- 1 serve (30g) Balance Plant Protein (vanilla)
- 1 banana
- 30g dates (soaked in water for 10 minutes, then drained)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 400ml almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 400 calories
- 29.3g protein
- 9.8g total fat, 0.9g saturated fat
- 39.9g carbs, 34.4g sugars
- 11g dietary fibre
- 543mg sodium