It's weekend. And what better way to spend the weekend than do some baking?
If you want to try a new recipe, try this Banana Date and Orange Loaf.
- 1/2 cup (80g) Dried Pitted Dates, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) Wholemeal Self-raising Flour
- 2 tablespoons (40g) Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Aussie Bodies Low Carb Protein Powder Vanilla Bean
- 125ml Buttermilk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Orange Rind
- 2 whole medium (460g) very ripe Banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf pan (20cm x 10cm base measurement) with a piece of kitchen baking paper. Cut a large piece of the paper to fold over the longest edge from one side to the other side covering the inside base of the pan. It will slightly overlap the edge and this will make it easier to remove the cooked loaf. Lightly spray the uncovered ends with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the dates, flour, sugar and protein powder into a large bowl mix to combine. Combine the buttermilk, egg, oil and orange rind in a jug add to the dry mix. Stir well.
- Fold through the mashed banana and spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean (with no wet mixture clinging to it) when loaf is tested.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Serve with fresh ricotta or low fat cream cheese.
Recipe by: Aussie Bodies