Whether you're looking to make a romantic surprise for a loved one or just a way to satisfy your dessert cravings, this Chilli Chocolate Chia Seed Mousse is worth noting. While rich in flavour, it is low on calories. It's nutrient-packed, protein-loaded, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. A perfect guilt-free treat.
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 350 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 serve of Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Chilli
- 4 tbsp. White Chia Seeds
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 100g of your favourite Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Cream
- Blend the Coconut Milk, Cocoa, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Chilli together.
- Stir in the chia seeds and place in the fridge overnight (or at least 4 hours) to set.
- Once it has set, blend the mixture until its smooth and mousse-like.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut cream together (over boiling water) and mix well.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup if you desire. Add more coconut cream if the mixture is too thick.
- Layer the mousse and chocolate in serving dishes or glasses and serve.
Recipe by: Nuzest NZ