Who doesn't like something sweet?
We love these cheating-without-cheating snacks!
These tasty little protein balls are the perfect source of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats. They're great as a quick and convenient pre- or post- workout snack, or even for morning or afternoon tea.
- Balance 100% Whey Protein Divine Chocolate, 4 scoops (120g)
- 3 cups dates, dried & pitted
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, raw
- 1 orange, juice and rind
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- A little water
- coconut, desiccated (optional)
- Place the dates and almonds in to a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add orange juice and rind, coconut oil and Balance 100% Whey Protein to the date/nut mix and process to combine.
- You may need to add a little water to help the mixture stick when forming balls, you should need no more than 2 Tbsp, add this if necessary and mix to combine.
- Roll mixture into balls (should make approximately 30 balls). Roll balls in coconut if desired and store in an air- tight container in the fridge for several weeks. Alternatively these can be stored in the freezer for even longer and taken out as needed- they're small, so will defrost easily.