Looking for a chocolate protein brownie recipe that isn't dry, rubbery, tough or all of the above? This recipe uses our Balance 100% Whey protein. Kumara gives a boost of fibre and carbohydrate, it also helps to give this brownie it's awesome texture, plus what better way to get some extra veg into your diet than in the form of a chocolate brownie! With carbohydrates, fibre, healthy fats and 10g of protein per serve a slice of this not only tastes great but will help to keep you sustained throughout your day.
- Preheat oven to 170ºc. Peel, cut into pieces, and boil the kumara in a small saucepan of water until soft (knife comes out easily when inserted). Once cooked, drain the kumara and put aside to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, mix dates and peanut butter until well combined. Add the cooked kumara and milk and mix well.
- To the food processor mixture add the cocoa powder, Balance Whey WPC/WPI, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and apple. Mix well to combine.
- Finally add the walnuts and chocolate bits and fold into the mixture carefully.
- Line a baking tin (approximately 20cm x 20cm) with baking paper and pour in the brownie mixture.
- Place tin in the middle of the oven and bake for 35 minutes, test by inserting a knife or skewer in the centre of the brownie- this should come out mostly clean (cooking time is important- too long in the oven and brownie will become dry).
- Once cooked, remove from oven and put aside to cool.
Makes 16 slices.
Serving suggestion: Serve with Greek yoghurt.
Tip: This brownie is quite moist so make sure you keep it in the fridge- it will last much longer.