This week we have a recipe for the most Amaaaazing Chocolate Almond Protein Bars.
Trust us when we say these are the bomb! They are all chewy and cookie-like, and will definitely curb those sweet cravings!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 140g of Balance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavour
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup (we used Queen Brand from Countdown)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- Prepare a baking dish by lining with baking paper (use one about 8x8 inches).
- Measure out 1/4 cup of almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping.
- Pour the rest of the almonds and the salt into a blender and blend into a smooth butter (if you already have almond butter at home you could just use that).
- Add the Protein, maple syrup, and oats to the almond butter and blend.
- Transfer mixture into the baking dish and press out with the back of a spoon.
- Top with the chopped almonds and push them in so they don't fall off when cutting.
- Heat dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring regularly until melted and drizzle over the top of the bars.
- Place in the fridge until set. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!