The winner of the Balance recipe competition! Delicious layers of crunchy cacao and millet, choc protein and a zesty coconut cashew cream topped with blueberries.
You'll need about four hours of prep time for this one (to soak the cashews), but the end result looks well worth the effort.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup pureed dates
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in boiling water for a few hours)
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 scoop (30g) Balance Plant Protein,chocolateflavour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste
- Zest of half a lemon
- Blueberries and extra lemon zest
1. Mix the base ingredients in a bowl.Press into lightly oiledsiliconemolds or muffin trays
and place in the freezer to set.
2. To prepare theCoconutty layer, use a food processor to blitzthe soaked cashews into a fine paste. Add thecoconut cream and oil, then divide the mixture into two separate bowls(one for each layer).
3. For the chocolate layer mixture, add the Balance Plant Protein and cocoa powder, and mix well to combine. To the second bowl add the vanilla and lemon zest and mix to combine.
4. Remove the base from the freezer and pour overthe chocolate layer. Return to the freezer to set before pouring over the vanilla layer. Top with frozen blueberries and sprinkle with extra lemon zest and pop back in freezeruntil set.
5. Keep stored in freezer and bring back to room temp for an hourbefore eating.
- Makes 12 servings
- 453 calories
- 8.4g protein
- 39.6g total fat
- 15g carbs
- 9g sugars
- 54mg sodium