Coconut, chocolate, and sweet gains. That just about sums up this recipe.
One batch of protein bites (about 16ish bars) has about 75 grams of protein, and they're the perfect snack for giving your sweet tooth some quick satisfaction.
- 3/4 cup sweetener of choice
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 scoops of BioX Natural Power Whey Complex (chocolate)
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk (or other type of milk)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (or peanut butter)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (reduced fat, unsweetened)
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine sugar, cocoa and protein powder in a pot.
- Add milk slowly, stirring over low heat, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla, salt, and oil, then bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the mixture starts to boil, reduce to low heat and add oats and coconut, stirring to coat. If mixture is dry add a bit more milk.
- Press mixture in a 9x9 pan and chill until set. Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!