Love banana breads and protein bars?
Get both in one recipe. Check out these homemade banana bread protein bars.
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup 1UP Nutrition Banana Bread Vegan Protein
- 8 large Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhanging paper on the sides then set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the peanut butter, dates, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and consistent, about 1 minute. Stop the food processor to scrape down the sides, then add the oats, 1Up protein powder, ground flaxseed and salt. Pulse a few times until the ingredients are well combined.
- The mixture should have a cookie dough-like texture. If it’s too dry, add a splash of almond milk. If it’s too wet, add more 1Up protein powder and pulse again.
- Grab the mixture and shape out the bars with your hands or a spoon. It helps to spray your hands with oil when doing this.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool before removing from the oven. Top with some peanut butter and enjoy!
Recipe by: 1UP Nutrition