Summer, our little one, loves cooking and when I asked her what she wanted to make yesterday she said Easter Egg Cookies!
We had a blast whipping these up and put them in an empty egg container which added a fun novelty factor. I think you could really play with this recipe a bit too. You could add chopped nuts or coconut and use different flavours of protein. Get creative!
All I can say is that there won't be many left for Easter :)
- 1/3 cup protein powder (I used Magnum Quattro Salted Freakin Caramel which is dang tasty but I think non-dairy one like Balance Plant Protein would be good too)
- 1 cup almond meal
- Sprinkle Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cut up (I used Lindt 90%, but next time I'm going to try it with the new Vitawerx White Choc Bars which are the bomb)
- 1/3 cup nut butter such as Sinister Labs Killa Caramel Peanut Spread (non caffeinated)
- 1/3 cup Good Health Coconut Oil (slightly more or less to get a dough consistency you can roll)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Nutramedix Stevia Sweet Herb or powder to taste -- I didn't use this as mine was sweet enough, but it would depend on which protein you're using
- Chop up the chocolate into little pieces.
- Mix all the dry ingredients including the chocolate.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until fully combined.
- Roll mixture into balls and put in fridge to set.
- We put ours in an empty egg container as it seemed fun for Easter.
- Dig in, YUM YUM YUM!