Lemon & Berry Protein Muffins
Muffins are so awesomely versatile. You can eat them alone for breakfast, as a snack during the day, or even when you're craving something a little sweet late at night.
You can make them even better by adding protein powder to the mix, like in this recipe. These lemon and berry protein muffins are gluten-free and they're popping with fresh berry flavour. Plus, the balance whey protein adds 30-35 grams of protein to the batch.
- 3 eggs
- 80g sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 40g Balance Naturals 100% Whey - Vanilla
- 100g Healtheries Rice Flour
- 15g Healtheries Ground Cornmeal
- 4 tbsp gluten-free custard powder
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking soda
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 200g buttermilk
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C.
- Lightly spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and olive oil until light.
- In a separate bowl, weigh out the Balance Naturals 100% Whey, rice flour, and cornmeal. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and custard powder.
- Weigh the buttermilk and add to the dry mix, then add the lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the large mixing bowl beat all the ingredients to a light batter.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin, leaving space for rising. Top with the frozen berries (they'll sink in as the muffins bake).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Let the muffins cool, remove them from the tin, and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition