Chocolatey doughnuts aren't exactly "healthy foods." They are nowhere near the healthy category. But you can make a healthy version and still retain the taste. These Dark Chocolate Protein Doughnuts are the perfect doughnuts for the fitness lovers. They're not only guilt-free, but they are loaded with proteins as well.
- 1 scoop MusclePharm Chocolate Combat 100% Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 MusclePharm Chocolate Cake Combat Crunch Bar, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together protein powder, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg whites, and butter, until smooth.
- Add yogurt mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 9 lightly greased doughnut pans filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. Microwave at 50% power, stirring at 20-second intervals until melted.
- Top doughnuts with chocolate then sprinkle with crunch bar pieces.
Recipe by: MusclePharm