Optimum Nutrition Casein Ice Cream
Casein ice cream...possibly the ultimate pre-bed snack! This recipe from Optimum Nutrition features Gold Standard 100% Casein, a slow-digesting protein powder with 24g of anti-catabolic micellar casein and 5g BCAAs per serving.
- Place Gold Standard 100% Casein, glucomannan, and unsweetened Baking Cocoa in a bowl.
- Mix in 2% milk and fat-free Greek yoghurt.
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour in mix, add water and run for 30 minutes.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, seal ingredients in a zip lock bag.
- Fill a separate larger zip lock bag with ice and add ½ cup of salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the sealed bag of ingredients inside the bag of ice and salt. Shake for 10 minutes.
- Remove small zip lock bag and check to see if ingredients are ice cream consistency.
TIPS: Putting the ingredients bag in the freezer will thicken the consistency. Use other flavors of Gold Standard 100% Casein in order to create a variety of ice cream flavors. Add your favorite toppings to mix things up!
- Makes about 6 servings
- Per serving (varies depending on casein flavour and toppings):
- 78 calories
- 9g protein
- 8g carbs
- 2g fat
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition