Tired of eating protein pancakes, oats or smoothies for breakfast? Give some colour and add variety to your breakfast.
Try this Pea and Ricotta Green Fritters recipe!
- 3 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 120g Ricotta
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Good Green Vitality
- 1/3 Cup Goats Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- Oil, for frying
- Place peas into a large bowl and lightly mash, tipping out any excess moisture.
- Add in ricotta, eggs, spring onion, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and Good Green Vitality and mix until just combine.
- Fold in goats cheese and parsley.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/3 cup pea mixture into the pan at a time to form fritters, fitting as many as you can in at once.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve warm, topped with sliced avocado, tomato, chutney and low-fat sour cream or yogurt.
Recipe by: Nuzest NZ