Plant Protein Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
These vegan-friendly pancakes are the ultimate indulgence. They're packed with an array of warming spices and plenty of protein from Balance Plant Protein. They take a bit more effort to make than some of our recent smoothie recipes, but they're totally worth it.
- 3 scoops Balance Plant Protein (vanilla)
- 2.5 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Olivani (or substitute vegan suitable spread)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 160g can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 190g flour
- Combine 11/2 C of the almond milk with the lemon juice and put aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the spread and sugar together, then add the pumpkin puree,
vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add the milk mixture to the pumpkin mix and whisk to combine.
- Sieve the remaining dry ingredients into the liquid mix and combine. Add more
almond milk and/or water as required until a smooth, pancake- like consistency is
- Heat a lightly oiled pan on a low- medium heat. Ladle batter onto the pan and flip
pancake when the mixture starts bubbling and coming up at the edges. Cook for a
further two minutes on the opposite side before serving.
- Makes 4 servings
- Average quantity per serving:
- 438 calories
- 23.4g protein
- 10.1g total fat
- 2.2g saturated fat
- 58.2g carbohydrate
- 18.4g sugars
- 1300mg sodium
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition