Make your own soft and big pretzel at home. These Questified Soft Pretzels are not your ordinary pretzels. They're loaded with protein!
Treat yourself and make these delicious and dippable pretzels. It only takes around 30 minutes to make
- 2 bags of Quest Ranch Tortilla Style Protein Chips
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg, large
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and one bag of the protein tortilla chips.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt mozzarella cheese and cream cheese together in 30-second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Once smooth and melted, whisk in the egg.
- Add the melted cheese mixture into the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to stir until a dough forms.
- Separate the dough into 6 evenly sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a 15″ rope and form a pretzel shape.
- Place each pretzel onto the baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and top with remaining crusted chips.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes.
Recipe by: Quest Nutrition