Craving for a rich and chocolatey cake?
Try this Raspberry, Beetroot & Dark Chocolate Cake.
- 200g Dark Chocolate (melted)
- 200g Raw Beetroot (grated)
- 100g Raspberries (partially defrosted frozen raspberries work well)
- 1 serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 100g Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 100g Xylitol
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
Toppings to serve:
- Melted Chocolate
- Dried Raspberries
- Coconut Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and grease a cake tin.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites and whisk the egg whites with an electric beater until you have stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks, xylitol, beetroot, raspberries and cooled melted chocolate (hot melted chocolate will cook the egg). Add the Clean Lean Protein, almond flour and baking powder and mix well until all well combined.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 45 mins (depending on your oven).
- Allow to cool and serve with more melted chocolate, dried raspberries and coconut yoghurt.
Recipe by: Nuzest