If you're running out of healthy stocks at home, why not make your own?
You can bake this healthy protein bread. It's sugar-free and gluten-free, but still delicious and nutritious.
- 1/4 cup plant-based protein - Vanilla Vital Protein
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon flour, set aside for raspberries
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. In a bowl combine 1 cup room temp almond milk, ½ cup agave or maple syrup, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice & the zest of 1 lemon.
- In a separate large bowl, combine 1¾ cups buckwheat flour ¼ cup vanilla protein, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 3 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the wet mix in and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 cup frozen raspberries into a small bowl & coat with 1 tablespoon flour to prevent it from bleeding into the batter. Gently fold through batter.
- Transfer into a loaf pan, top with shredded coconut & bake for 55-60 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Cool before slicing & enjoy!