Recipe Contest Winner: Amy's Protein Oatmeal Cookies
Amy's note: Oatmeal cookies are really popular in the US & I have made some major adjustments to the recipe (including adding protein powder!) to clean them up and boost the nutritional value. I usually make a batch every week, store them in the freezer and pull them a couple out the night before. Dense, full of flavour and different textures, these hit the spot when craving something sweet. You can omit the choc chips if wanting them entirely refined sugar free (or easily sub in sugar-free choc chips).
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 C oats
- 1/3 C vanilla Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp dark choc chips (optional)
- 2 Tbsp texture of your choice - e.g. buckwheat groats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds etc.
- 5 dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 C - 1/2 C Unsweetened almond milk, as required
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop up the dates, put them in a small bowl and set aside to soak in 1/4 C boiling water.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and mix in the peanut butter.
- Stir in all the remaining dry ingredients and finish with the date mix, including the water.
- Add between 1/4 C and 1/2 C of unsweetened almond milk to form a good cookie dough consistency.
- Place scoops of mixture onto cookie pan lined with baking powder and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition