Rocky Road Snack Bars with Gold Standard Protein
We don't feature as many snack bar recipes here as we should, but we have one for you today! These easy to make protein bars use a combination of whey and casein protein, so they're perfect either post-workout or pre-bedtime. And at almost 300 calories per bar, they're dense enough to use as an emergency meal replacement in a pinch.
- Start by blending all of the ingredients together, except the chocolate.
- Split the mixture into four piles (one for each bar), and use your hands to shape them.
- Set a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate in the bowl.
- Once it's melted, dip each bar into the chocolate to coat them. You can also pour the chocolate straight onto the bars, but it won't coat them as well.
- Transfer to the freezer to let the chocolate set. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Pull them out and enjoy!
- Per bar
- 283 calories
- 21.4g protein
- 24.9g carbs
- 10.4g fat
- 6.8g fibre
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes & Nutrition