Chocolate Almond Protein BarsThis week we have a recipe for the most Amaaaazing Chocolate Almond Protein Bars.
Trust us when we say these are the bomb! They are all chewy and cookie-like, and will definitely curb those sweet cravings!Here's what you will need to make them:
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 140 Grams Balance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar-free Maple Syrup (We used Queen Brand from Countdown)
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate
- Prepare a baking dish by lining with Baking Paper (use one about 8x8 Inches)
- Measure out 1/4 Cup of Almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping
- Pour the rest of the Almonds and the Salt into a blender and blend into a smooth Butter (If you already have Almond butter at home you could just use that)
- Add the Protein, Maple Syrup and Oats to the Almond butter and blend.
- Transfer mixture into the baking dish and press out with the back of a Spoon
- Top with the chopped almonds and push them in so they don't fall off when cutting
- Heat Dark Chocolate in the Microwave, stirring regularly until melted, and drizzle over the top of the bars
- Place in the Fridge until set. This should take approx. 20 mins
- Cut into bars and Enjoy!