Feel like a fighter with this Lunge Kick exercise. But there's more to this exercise than that.
For one, this will improve the muscular strength in your lower body. Specifically, it strengthens and stretches the hip flexors, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and glutes. It improves your balance as well.
- Stand straight up with a tight core and flat back. Look straight ahead.
- Take a step backward by bending at your hips and knees. Lower your body until your back legs knee is almost touching the ground and pause at the bottom position. Make sure you keep your knee in line with your foot and your back straight.
- Drive through the heel of your front leg by extending at your knee and hips.
- As you are rising swing your back leg forwards into a front kick. You can make the kick portion harder by attempting to touch your toe with the hand on the opposite side of the leg kicked.
- Return your leg back to the ground to come back to the starting position. Repeat on the other side. Keep alternating until you complete the set.