Welcome to the Workout of the Week series. Each week, we'll have a new workout for you to try. They're generally quick and require minimal equipment, so they shouldn't interfere with whatever training program you're following. Enjoy!
Need To Know: Do this workout as a circuit (don't rest until you're done with all three exercises). Rest one to two minutes, then repeat two or three more times.
1) Lateral Plank Walk to Pushup
- There's a small amount of coordination between your upper and lower body required here, but you'll pick it up quickly.
- Feel free to adjust the difficulty by subbing in more difficulty pushup variations (pause, close grip, spider, plyo, etc).
2) 30m Sprint
3) Alternating Lunge Jump
- You can easily tailor the difficulty by adjusting tempo, height, or both.
- Landing in the same spot each time is tough, but try to limit your side to side and forward/backward movement between jumps.