Welcome to the Workout of the Week series. Each week, we'll have a new workout for you to try. They're generally quick and require minimal equipment, so they shouldn't interfere with whatever training program you're following. Enjoy!
Need To Know: This workout has two pairs. Do A1 followed immediately by A2, take a rest, then repeat two more times. When you're done, move on to the second pair. Do B1 followed immediately by B2, then rest and repeat two more times.
A1) Lunge/Squat Medley x5
- The video features 1 reverse lunge/side, 1 lateral lunge/side, and 1 squat, but feel free to create your own combination.
- Use a goblet grip instead of the racked grip shown above.
A2) TRX Fly to Fallout x8
- With both the fly and fallout, make sure your hips and shoulders move in unison.
- If this combo is too tough, you can split the exercise into two separate movements by ditching the transition (the arm "slide" between the fly and fallout).
B1) X-Band Monster Walk x45 seconds
- Keep good tension on the band the whole time and don't slouch forward.
- For more variety, add forward/back movement.
B2) TRX T/Y/W x8
- The difficulty probably won't line up perfectly for all three moves, but it's not a huge deal.
- Your hips have to move, but be careful not to forcefully thrust them forward.