Welcome to the Workout of the Week series. Each week, we'll have a new workout for you to try. They're generally quick and require minimal equipment, so they shouldn't interfere with whatever training program you're following. Enjoy!
Need To Know: Do this workout as a circuit (don't rest until you're done with all three exercises). Rest one to two minutes, then repeat two or three more times.
1) TRX Pullup x30 seconds
- Depending on how high the anchor is, you might have to shorten the straps beyond the "short" length indicator.
- Keep your torso as vertical as possible.
2) TRX Split Squat x8/side
- The straps introduce a tough balance challenge, so don't be afraid to hold onto something until you're comfortable with the motion.
3) TRX Crunch to Pike x10
- One rep = one crunch and one pike.
- The pike can feel awkward, but as long as your butt moves above your head, you're probably fine.
4) TRX Single Arm Chest Press x8/side
- Be careful not to dip your non-working shoulder (you're going to want to!).
5) TRX Loaded Hip Press
- The easiest way to load this is with a dumbbell or kettlebell held over your hips.
- You don't actually have to load it, but it's recommended for anyone past the beginner level.