Healtheries Vitamin C 250mg 100 Chewable Tablets
About supplements.co.nz Healtheries Vitamin C 250mg 100 Chewable Tablets
Why use Healtheries Vitamin C 250mg?
If you’re looking for gentle, everyday immunity support – a little extra protection for you and your family against all kinds of common infections – sometimes, the basics are best.
Healtheries Vitamin C 250mg chewable tablets give you 250mg of pure, simple Vitamin C – the “Immunity Vitamin”. They’re made with a special, less-acidic form of Vitamin C that’s gentle on sensitive stomachs. Plus, they’re chewable with a great-tasting natural orange flavour, so children can enjoy taking them too.
- Maintaining everyday immunity for the whole family
- Supporting your immune system when you’re under stress or fatigued
- Providing extra protection when you’re susceptible to infection
- Helping your body to heal cuts, burns or pressure sores
- Assisting your body to absorb Iron, which can help to protect against fatigue
- Topping up your Vitamin C levels if you’re on medication such as aspirin or steroids, which can reduce your natural Vitamin C levels.
Wheat, gluten, milk derivatives, soy, yeast, sugar, corn, starch, colour, flavour or preservatives
- If you’re taking prescription medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before you use this product.
- This product contains glucose and sucrose. If you’re diabetic, Healtheries berry-flavoured chewable Vitamin C 500mg may be more suitable for you.
- If you take excessive doses of this product, you may get diarrhoea, skin rash, or need to urinate more frequently. These effects should stop if you reduce the dose.
- This product is not suitable for children under the age of 3 – keep it out of their reach.
Adults & teenagers: 1-4 tablets daily with food, or as your healthcare professional directs.
Children 6-12: 1-3 tablet daily with food, or as your healthcare professional directs.
Children 3-6: 1 tablet daily with food, or as your healthcare professional directs.
- Buffered Vitamin C 250mg
- From Ascorbic acid 131mg
- From Sodium ascorbate 134mg
Colour – Natural
Flavour - Natural
- Vitamin C is available in different forms:
- Ascorbic acid is pure Vitamin C on its own. However, because it’s acidic, people with sensitive stomachs may react to it.
- Sodium ascorbate is a buffered form of Vitamin C that binds ascorbic acid to sodium molecules. This makes it more suitable for people with sensitive stomachs.
- Vitamin C is “the immunity vitamin”. It helps your body to build up resistance to all kinds of common infections; and can help to reduce your recovery time.
- Your white blood cells (part of your immune system) need Vitamin C to function normally and help you fight off bacterial / viral infections.
- Your adrenal glands use up Vitamin C when they respond to stressful situations (e.g. sudden temperature changes, change of seasons, life stresses, etc).
- Your body uses Vitamin C to make collagen – a protein that helps to form healthy skin, ligaments, tendons, bones and teeth. That’s why your body needs more Vitamin C when you’re healing from surgery and injury.
- Vitamin C helps your body to absorb Iron – a mineral you need for healthy red blood cells, which help to reduce fatigue and support immunity.
- Finally, Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your cells against free radical damage.