Clinicians Blood Sugar Balance 90 Caps
About Supplements.co.nz Clinicians Blood Sugar Balance 90 Caps
BloodSugar provides essential nutrients to support healthy blood sugar levels, carbohydrate metabolism and insulin sensitivity.
Blood Sugar Balance replaces InsulBalance. Now a superior formulation in a capsule to improve absorption, less dose required and at a lower price. Carbohydrates are the body’s preferred source of energy. Once broken down into simple sugars, they are absorbed into the bloodstream and are taken up into the body’s cells to be used to provide cellular energy for ever day metabolic processes. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It binds to the cell walls of certain types of cells, allowing them to take up sugars and glucose from the bloodstream. These cells are called “insulin sensitive” cells. We all rely on this insulin sensitivity for our cells to utilise the energy from our food. In many individuals, this insulin sensitivity may decrease. Cells stop responding to the presence of insulin, which results in a continuous over-production of insulin but very little sugar or glucose can be taken up into the cells to be used as energy. Blood insulin levels increase together with blood sugar levels. This is known as “insulin resistance”.
Causes of insulin resistance include high consumption of carbohydrates and sugars over an extended period of time, hormonal changes (especially in women), excessive alcohol consumption, high consumption of saturated fats (red meat, butter etc.). Insulin resistance is a precursor to type 2 diabetes and may require medical intervention for some individuals.
One can support a healthy balance naturally through: Diet: reduce the amount of carbohydrates (especially refined carbohydrates and simple sugars). Reduce intake of fried fatty foods replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats (omega 3 fish oils, flaxseed oil and olive oil). Exercise: Regular exercise (both aerobic and isotonic) may be helpful in reducing insulin resistance. A nutritional supplement designed to support the way the body uses insulin may also benefit those with signs and symptoms of insulin resistance. Clinicians InsulBalance is indicated as nutrient support for maintaining healthy glucose and insulin metabolism.
- Nutrient support for maintaining healthy glucose and insulin metabolism
- Chromium, magnesium and zinc to support insulin sensitivity and balance blood sugar levels
- Provides a unique combination of herbs to help manage free radicals and support hepatic, glucose and insulin metabolism
- Contains Green Tea and Grape Seed antioxidants that may assist with appetite and weight management
- Contains Milk Thistle which may support healthy liver function to assist the liver metabolising carbohydrates and insulin
- May assist with appetite and weight management
- Trace minerals and macro minerals to support insulin regulation
- Synergistic botanicals
- Green Tea, Grape Seed and Milk Thistle
- Supports carbohydrate and sugar uptake and metabolism
- Safe to use alongside medication
- Camellia sinesis (green tea) ext. equiv. to dry leaf [standardised to 176mg total tea polyphenol, 144mg catechin and 90mg EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate)] - 14.4gm
- Vitis vinifera (grape) ext. equiv. to dry seed [standardised to 32mg of proanthocyanidins] - 4gm
- Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) ext.equiv.to dry seed [Standardised to Silymarin 27mg] - 2.3gm
- Curcuma longa (turmeric)extract equiv to dry rhizome (standardised to 15mg curcuminoids) - 789mg
- Cinnamomum cassia (Cinnamon) ext. equiv to dry bark - 340mg
- Magnesium citrate (equiv. magnesium 33mg) - 215mg
- Zinc amino acid chelate (equiv. zinc 5mg) - 25mg
- Chromium (III) chloride (equiv. chromium 167mcg) - 850 mcg
Also contains: Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide
No added: gluten (or wheat), dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Clinicians BloodSugar Balance is generally considered safe and well tolerated at the dose recommended
Check with your health professional before using in individuals on blood sugar lowering medications, as Clinicians InsulBalance may have an additive effect. Blood sugar and insulin levels should be monitored particularly in the first one to two months as medication requirements may change. Exercise caution as curcumin may stimulate the gallbladder in people with gallbladder disease.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Avoid in pregnant or breastfeeding women as there is insufficient safety information on the herbs (cinnamon, grape seed and milk thistle) to recommended supplementation during this time.
Can this product be used with blood sugar medication?
Yes, but inform your health professional as it may result in a decreased need for these medications. Monitor blood sugar levels with care.
What is Insulin Resistance?
It is where the body secretes a hormone called insulin in response to eating a lot of simple carbohydrates (pies, breads, cakes, chips etc) yet the body cannot easily turn these into energy because the insulin, which is supposed to open the cell and let the energy in, cannot.
Can I take it alongside a multivitamin?
Yes, a daily multivitamin can be beneficial to fill dietary gaps, and ensure an adequate intake of key vitamins and minerals to support everyday health.