Healtheries Vitamin C 500mg 200 Chewable Tablets
About supplements.co.nz Healtheries Vitamin C 500mg 200 Chewable Tablets
Why use Healtheries Vitamin C 500mg?
Are you one of those people who seems to always come down with colds, flu and anything else that’s going around? Wish you could build up your resistance before the winter bugs arrive?
Each Healtheries chewable Vitamin C 500mg tablet provides 500mg of pure Vitamin C – the “Immunity Vitamin” to strengthen your immunity ahead of time. They’re made with a special, less-acidic form of Vitamin C that’s gentle on sensitive stomachs. And with a natural orange flavour, they’re a great-tasting way to shore up your defences before you know you’ll be at risk.
- Boosting immunity protection during the winter cold and flu season
- Providing extra protection ahead of the times you know you’ll be particularly susceptible to infections (e.g. during autumn for winter immunity)
- Supporting your immune system when you’re under stress or fatigued
- Helping your body to heal cuts, burns or pressure sores
- Topping up your Vitamin C levels if you’re on medication such as aspirin or steroids, which can reduce your natural Vitamin C levels.
Wheat, gluten, milk derivatives, soy, yeast, corn, starch, colour, flavour or preservatives
- If you’re taking prescription medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before you use this product.
- Don’t take high doses of this product if you have a history of kidney stones.
- This product contains glucose and sucrose. If you’re diabetic, Healtheries berry-flavoured chewable Vitamin C 500mg may be more suitable for you.
- If you take excessive doses of this product, you may get diarrhoea, skin rash, or need to urinate more frequently. These effects should stop if you reduce the dose.
- This product is not recommended for children under 12 – keep it out of their reach.
Adults and teenagers: 1-4 tablets daily with food, or as your healthcare professional directs.
- Buffered Vitamin C 500mg
- From Ascorbic acid 262mg
- From Sodium ascorbate 268mg
Colour – Natural
Flavour - Natural
- Vitamin C is available in different forms:
- Ascorbic acid is pure Vitamin C on its own. However, because it’s acidic, people with sensitive stomachs may react to it.
- Sodium ascorbate is a buffered form of Vitamin C that binds ascorbic acid to sodium molecules. This makes it more suitable for people with sensitive stomachs.
- Vitamin C is “the immunity vitamin”. It helps your body to build up resistance to all kinds of common infections; and can help to reduce your recovery time.
- Your white blood cells (part of your immune system) need Vitamin C to function normally and help you fight off bacterial / viral infections.
- Your adrenal glands use up Vitamin C when they respond to stressful situations (e.g. sudden temperature changes, change of seasons, life stresses, etc).
- Your body uses Vitamin C to make collagen – a protein that helps to form healthy skin, ligaments, tendons, bones and teeth. That’s why your body needs more Vitamin C when you’re healing from surgery and injury.
- Vitamin C helps your body to absorb Iron – a mineral you need for healthy red blood cells, which help to reduce fatigue and support immunity.
- Finally, Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your cells against free radical damage.